Arrogant Frog Cabernet-Merlot 2018 | 19
‘Arrogant but not pretentious’ – an easy to drink, round and supple wine to suit every occasion.
Sold as 6 bottles minimum.
Bordeaux Blend, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
Everyday, Casual Entertainment
Other French Regions
|Critics Top Rating||
‘Arrogant but not pretentious’
At the beginning of the 2000s, the French, perceived as arrogant, no longer had a foothold abroad. Within a couple of years, Arrogant Frog has made itself the mascot of Jean-Claude Mas’ estates. The humble winemaker shows that with creativity, knowhow and a sense of humor, one can make Southern French wines shine around the world and give pure pleasure, at a reasonable price!
Award-winners, the wines are Vegan certified and crafted in the objective to ravish and please consumers in an approachable way.
Blend: 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 45% Merlot
Winemaking Harvested from the Limoux growth. Each variety is destemmed and vinified separately. Blending takes place in November prior to putting the wine in barrels. 25% of the blend is aged in new American oak barrels for 4 months. The other 75% are matured in stainless-steel vats. After removing the wine from the barrels, it is aged for a further 2 months in vats prior to bottling.
An intense ruby color. Elegant and complex at the nose with aromas of ripe black fruits combined with spicy notes such as licorice and vanilla. A well balanced wine with smooth tannins and a pleasurable finish.
Best served at 17°C with red meat, cheeses and barbecues.
Best French wine producer – Mundus Vini 2019
Silver Medal – Mundus Vini 2019